The White Hart Hotel was located in Hunt Street, Between Sylvester and Lindsay Sts, Coolgardie.

White Hart Hotel Coolgardie 1976 – Photo by W T Pether. The sign in front of the building reads: ‘Sole Survivor’.
The White Hart Hotel, erected by the owners of the Lion Brewery built in July 1900, was one of a number of new brick buildings that sprung up in Coolgardie at the turn of the century.
Not as pretentious as some of the other Vincent & Lipman establishments, the White Hart contained only three bedrooms and two sitting rooms. It was one of five hotels owned by Lipman at the time.
Announcing the opening, George Dewsnap, a former baker at Montana and a member of the Municipal Council, expressed the hope of meeting all his old friends and many new ones.
Two years later, Steve Timewell purchased the White Hart for £1120 (insured for £1800) and he made it one of the most popular venues and it soon became a rendezvous for
‘those who enjoy a quiet chat over their drinks’.
When the licence was not renewed in 1916-1917, the hotel was used as a boarding house until the fittings and furniture were sold.
Licensees:
George Murray Dewsnap – 1901-1902
Stephen Timewell – 1903-1905
Edward Walton -1907- 1909
Frank Martin – 1910
Martin Hyland – 1912
James Duffy – 1914
Hugh Dunstan – 1915
R R Reid – 1916-1917
Moya Sharp
Latest posts by Moya Sharp (see all)
- The Spirit of the Fields – - 29/03/2025
- Harold Cocking – a plucky pioneer - 29/03/2025
- Death of a Desperate man – - 29/03/2025
Leave a Reply