31° 34′ 8” South , 119° 23′ 14” East
In 1928 former Kalgoorlie prospector, F.W. Edwards and his family left Kalgoorlie for a new life farming 15 kilometres south-west of Marvel Loch. Within 12 months he had discovered gold on the property. A successful trial crushing occurred in 1931, and then farming was abandoned for mining.
A syndicate was formed and in 1935 a five head battery was erected. Between 1932 and 1952 when the reference was written the open pit was producing 300 tonnes a month virtually continously over this period. In the late 1940’s a shaft was sunk and the processing plant from the Yellowdine Mine was purchased and re-erected at Edward’s Find. By 1952 the mine had a 15 head battery, and employed 30 men. Presently (2013) the lease is owned by St Barbara Limited but the location is inactive.

The wedding of the eldest son of F W Edwards to Ena Embleton in Kalgoorlie 1936
Moya Sharp
Latest posts by Moya Sharp (see all)
- The Spirit of the Fields – - 29/03/2025
- Harold Cocking – a plucky pioneer - 29/03/2025
- Death of a Desperate man – - 29/03/2025
Leave a Reply